$425,000 - $445,000
3 | 1 | 0
90 Abbott Street
Kennington VIC 3550
Central Art Deco on large block
This recently renovated and freshly painted early 1960s three bedroom, two living room property includes pre-approval for a two lot subdivision. The existing home is a stunning example of the red brick and cream stucco art deco style with its curved porch, tiled roof, three panel metal framed windows, detailed plaster work, stained hardwood floors, timber door frames, internal doors with bakelite handles and high timber skirts.
The entrance with elegant chandelier leads to the master bedroom with his and hers built in robes to the right and set of frosted glass and timber doors to the left that open into the formal living with striking geometric ceiling rose, beautiful gold and green art deco pendant and timber mantel with feature brick fireplace. A second set of internal doors lead into the separate dining room with matching fireplace, deco pendant and working fireplace for intimate evenings dining in.
The cream and grey U-shaped kitchen was installed only five years ago and features floor to ceiling cabinetry with two double door pantries, stone look bench tops, double sink and stainless steel appliances including gas cooktop and electric wall oven as well as enough space for the traditional kitchen table.
The L shaped central hallway with linen press leads to the property’s two remaining double bedrooms as well as the recently renovated crisp white and timber laundry and stunning matching bathroom with high gloss cabinetry, shower, toilet, free standing oval bath and vanity with round above mount hand basin, round mirror and striking black fixtures and fittings. The largest of these bedrooms includes a complete wall of elegant floor to ceiling black cabinetry and walk in storage in the third.
A modern external powder room with toilet and hand basin is accessible from the rear covered porch opposite the kitchen – ideally positioned for guests when entertaining in the shady rear garden.
Additional features include:
- Gas heater & split system heating & cooling (main living)
- Solid fuel heating in formal dining
- Off street parking for up to two cars
- Hand rails to front and rear entries with a ramp leading to the rear yard
- Single gate side access to fully fenced rear garden with vegetable bed and poultry house
- Mature established shade trees and plants including roses, fig tree, azaleas, hydrangeas, grapevine and Japanese maple
- Garden shed with concrete floor, power and sprinkler system control
- Three room bungalow in original condition with bathroom/laundry, living/kitchenette & bedroom (would require renovation & reconnection of services)
Within walking distance of the Bendigo CBD and Coles Bendigo East this inner-city property provides a unique opportunity for investors looking for preapproved subdivision potential or excellent rental returns from short or long stay accommodation as well as first home buyers or downsizers looking to value add.